Auditions for the 2015-2016 concert season will be held on the following dates and times:
Friday, 07/10 between 12:00 Noon and 5:00 PM
Saturday, 07/11 between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM
Sunday, 07/12 between 12:00 Noon and 5:00 PM
Friday, 07/31 between 12:00 Noon and 5:00 PM
Saturday, 08/01 between 10:00 AM and 6:30 PM
Sunday, 08/02 between 12:00 Noon and 5:00 PM
Auditions will be held at:
Rolling Hills Presbyterian Church
9300 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66207
If you are interested in auditioning for the Symphony Chorus for the 2015-2016 concert season, please send an e-mail to Mark Lyle at email@example.com. Please include the following in your e-mail:
- your preferred date and time frame for your audition
- your best contact phone number
- your preferred voice part (please choose only one: S1, S2, A1, A2, T1, T2, B1, B2)
- your choral experience including previous ensembles and private lessons (who you studied with and for how long)
- your height in concert dress shoes
We will begin scheduling auditions the first or second week in June, 2015.
- Must be post high school to audition.
- Singing experience and/or training.
- KCSC current members on a one year commitment must make an appointment as well.
Your Audition will consist of:
- Solo song (foreign language preferred but not required).
- Bring 2 copies of the music if you are not memorized.
- To conserve time we may have you sing only a portion of your song.
- Sight Reading.
- Pitch Retention.
Kansas City Symphony Chorus Singer Commitment:
- Before your audition, please go over the performance and rehearsal schedule.
- Singers are expected to perform all concerts of the season unless exceptions are approved in advance.
- We rehearse at Grace and Holy Trinity Cathedral, (415 W. 13th St. Kansas City, Mo. 64105) Mondays, 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Singers are required to learn their music outside of rehearsal.
- Uniforms (specific long black dress and jacket for the women, and white tie and tails for the men) will be purchased by the singers. Assistance and gently used garments are available if needed.
- Performance Week – Rehearsals on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evening (6 p.m. to 10 p.m.) and Performances Friday, Saturday evening and Sunday matinee. Performances are held at Helzberg Hall, Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.