Auditions for the 2015-2016 concert season are now closed.
Please check back in early January, 2016 for more information regarding possible mid-term auditions.
Auditions are held at:
Rolling Hills Presbyterian Church
9300 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66207
If you are interested in auditioning for the Kansas City Symphony Chorus and would like to be contacted when we set up auditions in the future, please send an e-mail to Mark Lyle at email@example.com.
Please include the following in your e-mail:
- your cell phone number or best number to contact you
- your preferred voice part (please choose only one: S1, S2, A1, A2, T1, T2, B1, B2)
- a brief summary of your choral experience including previous ensembles and private lessons (who you studied with and for how long)
- your height in concert dress shoes
- Must be post high school to audition.
- Singing experience and/or training.
- KCSC current members on a one year commitment must make an appointment as well.
Your Audition will consist of:
- Solo song (foreign language preferred but not required).
- Bring 2 copies of the music if you are not memorized. An accompanist will be provided
- To conserve time we may have you sing only a portion of your song.
- Sight Reading.
- Pitch Retention.
Kansas City Symphony Chorus Singer Commitment:
- Before your audition, please go over the performance and rehearsal schedule.
- Singers are expected to perform all concerts of the season unless exceptions are approved in advance.
- We rehearse at Grace and Holy Trinity Cathedral, (415 W. 13th St. Kansas City, Mo. 64105) Mondays, 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Singers are required to learn their music outside of rehearsal.
- Uniforms (specific long black dress and jacket for the women, and white tie and tails for the men) will be purchased by the singers. Assistance and gently used garments are available if needed.
- Performance Week – Rehearsals on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evening (6 p.m. to 10 p.m.) and Performances Friday, Saturday evening and Sunday matinee. Performances are held at Helzberg Hall, Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.