Auditions for 2014-15 Season are now closed -
Check back in early 2015 for more audition information
- Must be post high school to audition.
- Singing experience and/or training.
- KCSC current members on a one year commitment must make an appointment as well.
Your Audition will consist of:
- Solo song (foreign language preferred but not required).
- Bring 2 copies of the music if you are not memorized.
- To conserve time we may have you sing only a portion of your song.
- Sight Reading.
- Pitch Retention.
Kansas City Symphony Chorus Singer Commitment:
- Before your audition we will provide a performance and rehearsal calendar.
- Singers are expected to perform all concerts of the season unless exceptions are approved in advance.
- We rehearse at Grace and Holy Trinity Cathedral, (415 W. 13th St. Kansas City, Mo. 64105) Mondays, 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Singers are required to learn their music outside of rehearsal.
- Uniforms (specific long black dress and jacket for the women, and white tie and tails for the men) will be purchased by the singers. Assistance and gently used garments are available if needed.
- Performance Week – Rehearsals on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evening (6 p.m. to 10 p.m.) and Performances Friday, Saturday evening and Sunday matinee. Performances are held at Helzberg Hall, Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.